Lakewood, Washington, known as a home to Joint Airforce Base Lewis/McChord is also a place with beautiful neighborhoods, lakes and historic and outdoor attractions. These are only a few of the many things to see and do in Lakewood!
- Lakewold Gardens offers a view of Gravelly Lake and features a variety of attractive gardens
- Lakewood Towne Center is a popular shopping destination – complete with a theatre, restaurants, clothing and home goods stores.
- Lakewood Playhouse offers a variety of plays, musicals and comedies – they even have children’s programs to give youth a chance to explore their talents.
- Historic Fort Steilacoom features several historic buildings – and provides and excellent learning opportunity for young people.
- Fort Lewis Military Museum includes tanks, a cannon and a collection of uniforms – showing off the pride of the area – our military.
- McCord’s Air Museum showcases numerous aircraft for touring and educational purposes.
- Thornewood Castle is a large, impressive structure.
- Lakewood History Museum – tells the stories of Lakewood and is not to be missed.
- Museum Antiques & Aviation Museum – a place to tour aircrafts and learn more about aviation.
- Mt. Rainer Scenic Railroad – a chance to see our natural wonders up close!
- American Lake offers beachfront picnics, swimming and boat launches.
A life in Lakewood offers entertainment, education and all the conveniences you are looking for. If you are wanting to explore Lakewood as a possible hometown, we hope to hear from you.